Slow Cooked Big Head With Chinese Smoked Sausage And Red Wine Broth
Author: Kiran Jethwa
- 1, 6kg BIG Head Carp Fish (or any fresh water large white fish)
- 100ml Peanut Oil
- ½kg Chopped Carrots
- ½ Head of Chopped Celery
- 2 Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 Large Smoked Chinese Sausages (or Smoked Chorizo)
- 8 Cloves Diced Garlic
- 1kg Chinese Beef Tomatoes
- 1 Bottle Red Wine
- 1 Handful Bay Leaves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- To a hot wok add some peanut oil, chopped carrots, celery and the onions.
- Cube the smoked sausage, add to the wok and sweat down for five minutes.
- Throw in some diced garlic, Chinese beef tomatoes, a splash of red wine, and some Chinese bay leaves. Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the whole fish into the bubbling sauce.
- Top the wok up with about 1 litre of water. Cover and gently cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the Fish gently and place in a serving/casserole dish, allow the sauce to simmer until the sauce thickens up nicely.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with your chopped parsley.